Pinterest
Today in this post I am sharing my experience with the App in FS called All My Stories. First of all how do you find it? On the familysearch.org go to the bottom of the page and click on tiny link called App Gallery. Once there go to the search box and add the name All the Stories. This goes directly to the App.
This will sync with your family tree and tell you what stories have been added by you and others in the Gallery for the Memories Section of FamilySearch. I immediately noticed two things.
The first thing was how fast it finds the stories and how few there are on my lines. That tells me I need to get more stories in. It also tells me that there were stories in there I hadn't seen before even though most of them were my contributions, some were not.
One of the ones that was not my contribution was about a great uncle of my father's. In it I learned new things about him including his wife's name and their two children's information whom I had no knowledge of in the past. When I went to his details page in the tree in notices two record hints. One had not been attached. I attached it and discovered some discrepancies in the siblings of Horace Godfrey. I made myself a note to go back there sometime today and figure out the way it should be reading in the tree. Rather than add this story that may produce duplicates in the gallery, I copied the link and set up a new file in my source box called Stories & Memories and attached that to my person's source box.
This is a valuable Partner App. I hope you find some treasures there too. And that you also add some for others to find.

No comments:
Post a Comment