Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Lexmark X792de Scanner~Scan a Photo to Family Search
I think the people at Family Search stay up 24/7 trying to make our lives easier. It is true we have to commit to keep learning at a rather fast pace but the rewards surely trump not doing so. This scanner feature is amazing. If you learn how to use it you will be able to scan photos and documents directly to your ancestor's Person Details Page on Family Tree or to the Memories section of Family Search.
If you have scanned before you know how many steps that eliminates for you. This frees you up to do other things. I love it! Jim and I will demo this for you. This is another hand-on exercise that will be a great benefit to all who want to stream line their scanning and get on to further research.
You'll find the written instructions below. I know the Concord Family History Library has this as does our Family Search Library in Oakland. There are 4800+ FHCs in the church right now and hopefully they'll all have it eventually. Right now it is fairly new. Be among the first to learn it and use it!
I can't tell you how happy this new feature makes me...I have a huge stack of certificates and photos to get scanned and attached.
http://tinyurl.com/ndal6wt
Labels:
Lexmark Scanner,
Scan to Family Tree
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment