About the Header Photograph

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Are You Concerned About Security on the Internet?


Pinterest

At home we have been having a lot of discussions lately about our almost complete dependence on the Internet and computers for everything.  With all the security breeches going on with at an ever-increasing rate and the endless hacking, we feel concerned. 

Have you gotten into the trap of using the same or nearly the same passwords for everything just so you can remember them?  Have you thought about one sight like Last Pass to save all your passwords?  I have been but I am not completely sold on that either.  

If you feel similarly, what are some things your are considering to protect your information and privacy?

This week I read an article by Thomas Mac Kentee*  It was about being safe on social media.  He shared a wonderful way to create and save passwords so that you will never forget them.   He was sharing his e-book on this for free this week.  I saved it to my Evernote account for ready reference. I am going to try this.  I'm tired of trying to dream up passwords and then not being able to remember them!  I also am not a huge fan of writing them in a book.  If nothing happens to the book and you always remember where you have put it that may work...but I am not thoroughly convinced at this point!  A system seem like a good solution.  

So if you are interested in more security...check this out.



* Thomas Mac Kentee is a prolific blogger and writer and presenter at various conferences including RootTech.  I feel he is very innovative and also generous in sharing many of his works for free at various times or for a very low cost.  He is the founder of Geneabloggers which is published daily and has lots of great information.  He created this platform for any and all genealogy bloggers to have a common place to share their knowledge.  A great opportunity for writers and seekers of knowledge to come together.

He has created many e-books and traditional books that are available on Amazon. http://hidefgen.com/about/thomas-macentee/

Check out all of Thomas' contributions above.  He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment