Roots Tech is the largest Family History conference in the world. This year there were 25,000 registered attendees and people from every state and 40 countries. Everything is done on the grand scale and the Salt Palace is an incredibly huge and user friendly facility. It takes up two immense blocks in downtown Salt Lake City and from end to end is one half mile. The room where the General Sessions are held each morning holds 23,000 people. And yet the crowd is manageable because you are so spread out in the Salt Palace. It is the biggest building I have ever been in but then...I don't get out that much and mingle with huge crowds. Check out the video it is a virtual flight through the building just to give you the idea. https://youtu.be/eycXsFxQ8lM
As James Tanner this is no place for a fashion show. Comfort and good shoes are important. I did see one woman in stilettos. I only saw her once.
The Man at Family Search
Ron Tanner
Ron Tanner is the mastermind behind The FS/FT. Each year he does a presentation about what is new in Family Tree this year. What they have just done and what they plan on releasing this coming year. This presentation should be mandatory for anyone working with people learning Family Tree.
The is more...so much more. Go the http:rootstech.org


No comments:
Post a Comment