About the Header Photograph

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tree Connect Update




While we have been in the UK I have been reading about problems with Tree Connect from several of the blogs.  I have been a proponent of Tree Connect from its initial launch because it is a great way to add sources from various websites into your Person Details Page in Family Search /Family Tree.

While checking it all out this morning I found this message from the creator of Tree connect.  It is going to be even better but right now it does not appear to be ready.  See The creator's explanation here. http://dovy.io/recordseek/recordseek-redesigned-from-the-ground-up/

So if you have never used Tree Connect to enhance your sources on your ancestors give it a try when it is done with the facelift.  I'll be watching it and will give you an update when the API is re-certified with Family Search.  API=Application Programming Interface.  It is a a set of routine applications and tools for building software applications.  It allows two programs to combine data without messing up or changing either database.  Examples are Tree Connect, Relative finder, Puzilla, etc.  Many of the certified partners are APIs.

In the meantime while they are revamping Tree Connect, you can simply copy and paste a URL of a record you need from a different site and add it into your notes on the person details page of Family Tree.  I did it this morning on a Swedish record I found on My Heritage and it worked just fine. I like trying to find new ways to overcome the obstacles of ever changing technology and software.

No comments:

Post a Comment